Friday, June 13, 2008

About Your Hostess

I am married to a comic book inker and penciler, who has worked at one time or another for all of the major comic book publishers (DC, Image, Marvel, Top Cow, etc.) as well as for a number of independent publishers and artists. He has wanted to work in comics his entire life, and I have wholly supported this choice for the past 11 years that we have been together. The road to his success was difficult and there were a lot of lessons that we learned along the way. I would like to share some of the realities of the profession, and tips for being successful, with as many spouses as possible. As the spouse of an artist, I have learned a lot of things about this industry and how it is unique among all others. It can be a lot of fun and it can also be terribly stressful. I have celebrated major accomplishments and fretted over how the bills will get paid. I have experienced the stress of overwork and the even more stressful lack of work. In short, I feel your pain.


My Personal Background

I am a blogger, a crafter, an avid reader (though mostly not comic books), and an everyday photographer (here's all my comic-related pics). My day-job is as a marketer for a major corporation, which I enjoy immensely. I also help to manage my husband's career and the day-to-day operation of our household.

I try to make my life as ridiculous as possible. I enjoy going to Disneyland on a regular basis (we're annual pass holders) and spend a lot of time with friends going to comedy shows and eating cookies for dinner and taking silly pictures. I guess you could call that immature.

No comments: